Saturday, September 22, 2012

Bici Nueva!!

Went to Bike Stop on Eloy Alfaro/cross street Granados last Saturday - great shop!  We talked with the owner/manager who ended up speaking perfect English (he went to Colegio Americano for high school), great guy.  He had just come back from Denver where Orbea was introducing their new 2013 line.  We asked him if he had any mid-range bikes for me, used preferably, for use at Parque Metropolitano and on Sundays for the Ciclopaseo.  He showed us a Felt RXC Team hardtail - very lightly used, really a nice looking bike, decent components (much better than some of the other bikes we'd been looking at over the past few weeks)!  I took it out for a one minute long ride and realized right away that it rode amazingly well and was a great climber!  We went back and bought it this week after several strategic trips to the ATM over the course of this week to collect the pile of cash I needed to buy it. Of course, cash only.  I wanted to buy it this past week but was nervous about walking a mile with a ton of cash on me.  So today we split up, Sung with half the cash, he rode his bike, and then I took the other half and jumped on a bus for the short trip down Alfaro.  Learned yet another lesson after the first bus rushed past me without slowing down - you have to signal to them that you want to get on otherwise they won't stop!  Despite the fact that I'm standing in the bus stop and staring them down!!!

Anyway, back to the bike...so I researched it a bit more online and it looks like it's made for cross country riding and racing, nothing super technical, it's definitely perfect for me! Frame is scandium (which I had never heard of) and a tiny piece is carbon in the back.  The other components aren't super high end but this bike should be perfect for me.  Who knows, I might even ship it back to Denver when we're done!  Super psyched for Ciclopaseo mañana!!


No comments:

Post a Comment